Introduction – How To Get Clients With Google My Business In 10 Easy Steps
Google My Business is a powerful tool for getting customers and clients to your business online.
If you are not using this tool, then you are missing out on potential sales!
In this blog post, we will be teaching readers about how to get the most out of Google My Business with different strategies that can help them acquire more leads and get new customers.
We also have some tips and tricks that will help them optimize Google My Business so they can increase their conversion rates!
Do you want to get customers for your online business?
There are many different ways that you can use Google My Business to get clients and prospects in the door.
Whether it’s a brick-and-mortar location or an online store, Google My Business is a great way to start generating leads.
In this blog post, we’re going to talk about how to set up Google My Business, how it works, and what it does for businesses like yours!
- Introduction – How To Get Clients With Google My Business In 10 Easy Steps
- Download Our Free eBook
- No. 1 Complete Your Profile
- No. 2 Try To Get As Many Reviews As Possible
- No. 3 Respond To All Reviews
- No. 4 Keep Business Hours And Business Dates Up To Date
- No. 5 Add Special Hours
- No. 6 Make Use Of Photos
- No. 7 Update Your Important Information
- No. 8 Take Advantage Of Special Features And Attributes
- No. 9 Don't Forget To Use Keywords
- No. 10 Use Questions And Answers
- Bonus Section – Grow Your Business Online With These Free Resources
- Conclusion – How To Get Clients With Google My Business In 10 Easy Steps
Download Our Free eBook
No. 1 Complete Your Profile
The first thing that you need to do to your Google My Business (GMB) to get clients is to complete the setup of your Google My Business account.
By completing the setup of your account you will be giving your business the best chance possible to get a listing in Google My Business.
The reasoning is very simple: The more you tell Google about your business the more it will know about your business.
The more Google knows about your business the more likely it is that it will be able to match your business with people that are searching for your business.
For this reason, you need to ensure that you complete as much of your account as possible to give all the information about your business that Google needs to connect you with your clients.
When deciding which result to show to a particular search query there are three main factors that Google use to decide:
- Distance: How near you are as a possible solution to the searcher in comparison with similar businesses. This is where the address of your business is most important in impacting search results
- Relevance: How relevant or helpful are you to the searcher’s query? This is where additional information about your business is helpful
- Prominence: How well-known or popular is a business? Increasing your Google reviews is helpful for impacting this metric
It is important to remember that Google My Business is powerful for generating high-quality local traffic to your business’s physical location with the help of Google Maps and to your website with the help of your GMB listing.
Recommended post: How To Set Up Google My Business In 7 Easy Steps
No. 2 Try To Get As Many Reviews As Possible
Getting reviews on Google My Business is an important part of optimizing your Google My Business listing and driving traffic to your business or website.
There are many advantages of getting reviews on your Google My Business listing.
Some of these advantages include:
- Being a quick and easy way to show social proof of your business’s ability to help and offer a solution
- Increasing your rank in Google search results
- Increase the ranking of your Google My Business listing
- Creating a better user experience by facilitating an easy way to provide feedback on the reviews page and linking directly back to it from your website, email, or social media
- Helps to add to the authenticity and legitimacy of your business
You can get more Google Reviews by having:
- A great customer service team who will go above and beyond for customers
- Loyal clients with excellent word of mouth referrals from friends or family members about how they were treated at your business, etc.
- A strategy for getting reviews from clients. We will list a helpful strategy below
How Do You Get More Google My Business Reviews?
There are many different ways to get a review on Google My Business to improve your listing.
The easiest and most straightforward is by simply asking for a review. It’s not as simple as asking any and everyone to leave a review and must be done with some tact.
The way we recommend you do this is by having a drip email sequence where you reach out to customers and clients a day after they’ve finished working with your business in any capacity or three days after they’ve received the product they ordered on your website.
You try to find out from them what they thought of your service if you were helpful if you were able to exceed their expectations, and what you could do to make their experience better next time.
The ones who reply will be the ones who have had an exceptional experience whether good or bad.
You should reply to every email response personally.
For the bad replies, you should sympathize and try to understand the issue and resolve it promptly.
Giving them a discount code for future purchases wrapped in a promise to deliver your best service and product next time is a good way to start.
For your positive reviews, you should thank them for taking the time to reach out to you.
Then in the same email, you should send them a link in your Google My Business listing and ask them to share their experience so other people like them can benefit from the service they had too.
No. 3 Respond To All Reviews
In the previous section, we spoke about the importance of trying to get as many reviews as possible to be able to increase the ranking of your Google My Business listing.
In this section, we are going to help you understand the importance of responding to all the reviews on your Google My Business to get clients.
Responding to your online reviews is important for your online business success in many ways.
Some of the reasons why you should always reply to your reviews are:
- It is a chance to say thank you and show your appreciation.
- You can answer any questions they might have about your products or service.
- You are able to provide them with more information which will help increase the conversion rate of customers that visit your site.
- It also helps reassure people who don’t want to take time out from their day, to reach out directly to your business
- It helps people who are undecided on using your business to get some quick evidence that you are able to help them and you’ve helped others like them
- It improves the image of your business by showing prospective clients and customers how much you care about your customers and how good your customer service is
There are many reasons that you should reply to your reviews but you should also not make the mistake of not replying to negative reviews.
When someone leaves a fake or negative review you should be sure to reply to them.
You may know that they are fake reviews or poor reviews generated from a source of frustration or misunderstanding but everyone else who sees those reviews without a response won’t know that.
Because of that, they could reflect poorly on your business.
When you reply respectfully, kindly, and patiently to a negative review it improves the image of your business in the public eye.
It also gives you the opportunity to resolve an issue and appease a disgruntled or unhappy customer.
This is a massive chance to earn a raving fan and loyal for life.
You should not shy away from replying to negative comments. In a way, they are a bigger opportunity for you than positive comments.
Use this perceived setback as a springboard to launch your business forward.
No. 4 Keep Business Hours And Business Dates Up To Date
You can improve your ability to use Google My Business to get clients by adding all your business hours and dates to your listing.
When you are setting your account you will be asked for your location as well as your business’s opening hours for each day.
You can set special opening hours like 9 AM to 5 PM for each day that your business opens or you can set it as a 24 hour business for businesses that are opened 24/7.
But there is another time and date that we are referring to in the part of the article.
We are referring to the opening hours for special dates that normally holidays like Christmas and New Years’.
In fact, Google will send you an email a few weeks before the holiday comes and ask you if you are open on that special day like Labour Day or Christmas Day.
You can respond to that email by updating your business hours for that date. Your specially updated hours will not affect your regular operating hours and will be a boost to your business.
When the day comes and prospects and customers search for your business service the result will show that you are open on that day and for how long you’re open.
This is another way that you can use Google My Business to get clients for your business.
It takes only a few minutes to make these updates and when you’re done you don’t need to do anything.
Take advantage of this opportunity to improve your ability to use get customers from your Google My Business listing.
No. 5 Add Special Hours
A special hour in Google My Business is a special event that takes place during your regular business hours.
A special hour compliments your regular opening hours and allows you to add additional information about what is being offered during that time for your business.
For example, a bar or pub might have happy hour from 5 PM to 7 PM every weekday, or a restaurant might do deliveries and take us only between opening hours and 9 PM.
By using special hours you will be able to add this extra information to your Google My Business listing.
It’s very clear that this additional information can help you to get clients.
After all, a potential patron of a restaurant might choose your restaurant simply because they know from Google that you have happy hour at that time or they can simply order takeout while this information is not available for your competition in the other listings.
You can add a special hour to your Google My Business listing by:
- Click the Info tab on the left sidebar and then click on More Hours from the page that appears.
- Select Add Hours for this business, then select the type of hours you would like to add. You can provide some details about what’s happening at that time (e.g., “Drive Through” or “Brunch” or “Happy Hour”), then save it as usual.
When someone searches for you in google maps when these times are active they’ll see that you’re open during those specific hours – which will be super helpful if they want to stop into your store while shopping nearby.
No. 6 Make Use Of Photos
Using photos on Google My Business can be helpful in generating leads, sales, and clients for your business.
When you upload new photos to your Google My Business account it helps you to get clients and customers by showing your business in action.
Uploading new photos also helps Google know what type of content you post to Google My Business, which can help boost the ranking of your GMB posts for an increased chance of getting clients and customers from Google My Business.
When people see that a company uploads new photos once per day, they are more likely to visit frequently.
This strategy is critical if you want Google My Business users to get clients and buyers from search engines such as Google.
It is also reported that businesses who upload photos to their Google My Business will get more requests for direction, website visits, and leads.
Some of the photos we recommend you upload are:
- Your business logo to help customers recognize your business and brand
- Photos of your location to help customers identify your physical location
- A cover photo that adequately represents your business
- Product photos to help customers see the quality of your products
- Photos of the interior and exterior of your location
How to add photos to your Google My Business profile:
- Sign in to your Google My Business.
- Click Photos from the left side menu that appears.
- Choose the type of photo that you’d like to add.
- Upload your photo from your computer or choose one you’ve already uploaded.
- That’s it!
No. 7 Update Your Important Information
One of the biggest advantages of using Google My Business is that it gives your customers quick access to important information for your business such as your address, telephone number website, opening hours, and directions to your business.
You should ensure you keep this information updated at all times so that there is no misleading information online about your business that would lead to you losing a customer or lead.
Another important way that you can use Google My Business to get clients and customers is by posting updates about your business.
These posts can be educational, informational, or even promotional.
They can also be used to help your business grow online and achieve its marketing goals.
By updating your Google My Business posts you can grow your business because it is a way to increase the visibility of your business online.
Your posts can be used in google search engine results pages, google maps listings and google AdWords campaigns which could lead to more traffic to your website due to increased ranking on google.
The key thing here is that Google My Business will turn into an excellent platform for you where you get clients through posting updates about your products or services.
It becomes such an easy place with so many opportunities waiting just for you!
How to create a post on Google:
- Sign in to your Google My Business account
- Select Posts from the left side menu
- Select the type of post you’d like to create from the options that appear
- Complete the fields presented
- Take a look at the preview of your post and add any final changes by going back
- Publish your post when you are satisfied with your listing
No. 8 Take Advantage Of Special Features And Attributes
Google My Business allows you to add special features or attributes to your listing depending on the type of listing you have.
For example, you can add a product catalog to small businesses and you can add a book now button to your service business listing.
If you think your business is eligible for one of these features but it does not appear under the appropriate sections, you chose to submit your business in the wrong category.
But don’t worry. It’s easy to fix this issue.
An individual or business may have up to ten categories they want to be included on their Google My Business profile.
No. 9 Don’t Forget To Use Keywords
When you make a listing to Google My Business you can use certain keywords on your listing and website to improve your search visibility.
For example, if someone searches for a comfortable coffee shop then a Google My Business listing that uses the word comfortable to describe their coffee shop will be displayed before other listings without this keyword.
Adding keywords to your listings can also be done in the review section of your listing. The reason this plays a role is that Google My Business tries to show results based on their relevance to the searcher’s query.
So a listing that has a keyword or adjective in common with the query of the searcher will have better relevance than listings without those keywords or search queries and so will be shown ahead of them.
The way to improve this is to use these keywords that your customer would use when searching for your business in your Google My Business listing and including them in replies to your reviews as well.
No. 10 Use Questions And Answers
Another cool feature that Google My Business has that can allow you to get more clients and customers for your business is a mini question and answer section.
It functions a lot like a FAQ section and can help to improve the visibility of your listing and the user experience.
The FAQ section can be used to ask popular questions that your customers normally ask or need the answer to before they can decide to use your business.
In fact, this section is so handy for your listing that you don’t need to wait for customers to ask questions.
You can go ahead and add in a few entries by asking questions first and then submitting answers to them.
This is a handy way of improving the quality of your listing and getting more customers.
To setup FAQs in your Google My Business listing you only need to:
- Go to Google
- Type in your business name
- Navigate to the Questions & Answers section
- Select Ask A Question
- Enter your question
- Hit Post
- Navigate to the question you just asked
- Select Answer and enter the answer
- Submit your answer
Your listing is now better for your customers and will help to generate more customers for your business.
Bonus Section – Grow Your Business Online With These Free Resources
In this section we are going to share some free resources with you to help you learn how to grow your business online.
We want to help you on your journey to online success and so we have decided to link below some helpful articles and guides to help you on your journey to online success.
Feel free to use them to as much as possible.
Alternatively, if you don’t want to do all the heavy lifting you can get a free consultation from our team and we will help you on your journey to success.
Additionally, you can sign up for a Cyber Site Online Presence for as low as $1,200 per month. You will get a website that grows your business that is built with a 12-month marketing strategy for your business. It will be fully managed and marketed by our team.
You can get your Cyber Site Online Presence here.
Here is a list of those extra resources we mentioned:
- Does my business need a website?
- Is Email Marketing Dead In 2021?
- 32 Powerful Website Traffic Generation Techniques You Need To Try
- 1 Powerful Digital Marketing Strategy for Small Businesses and Startups
- 22 Powerful Email Marketing Benefits To Grow Your Business
- Lead Generation Complete Guide: From Basic To 5 Powerful Strategies
- 26 Amazing Strategies To Grow Your Business Online
- 12 Powerful Email Marketing Strategies Your Small Business Need To Succeed In 2021
Conclusion – How To Get Clients With Google My Business In 10 Easy Steps
In this post we have looked at how get clients with Google My Business.
We hope you’ve found this article helpful. If you have any questions please feel free to leave them below in the comment area and we will answer them.
We try to respond to all our comments.
If you need any help generating traffic, leads, or sales for your business or successfully launching your business online and growing it then set up a free consultation with our team.
We will be happy to assist you in growing your business online.